Thursday, February 24, 2011

Miss May I - Swing (Savage Cover)


Oh Shit Smack that ass ma! Move it like a gypsy, stop, whoa! Back it up, now let me see your hips SWING!

There was a point in time a few years back when every single scene band was posting covers of Hip Hop songs to their myspace pages. 99% of them were terrible, rather than try and change a song to fit their own style we ended up with song after song that sounded more like scene kid karaoke than actual bands making music. There was one band though that managed to make a cover that actually sounded original. Now I don't particularly care for Miss May I's music, but their cover of Savage's Swing has managed to stay in constant rotation in my library since I found it a year ago. It's just a really fun song to listen to, I cant help but grin every time I hear the band chant "Now let me see you hips swing!"

Enjoy.

No comments: