Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Color of Violence - Youthanize (2009)



The Color of Violence, man. These guys are crazy, they take Grindcore, Thrash, Mathcore, Post-Hardcore, and Screamo and throw em all in a blender until they become one uniform mix. These guys are so original and refreshing I was shocked (SHOCKED) to find out that this is actually the brainchild of two members of From First to Last, you know, that really terrible emo band that inexplicably blew up a few years back. It makes you think, not every member of every shitty band is an untalented and uncreative as they make themselves out to be, some of them are talented musicians that just care more about getting paid then about art. But hey, as long as we keep getting awesome side projects like The Color of Violence, then keep making your paper, boo boo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Stereoatypical,

Hello, my name is Matt Diewald and I’m a fan of your blog. I really like the subject matter, and I think your site does a good job. I’m writing to you because I have been working on a project for Valleyarm Digital Media Distribution that you might find interesting. I am currently interning with their office and am in charge of a new Punk Rock compilation that is going to be released digitally all over the world.

We all know that a good compilation is hard to come by and most of them are just record label samplers looking to hook potential listeners. Our compilation is going to be different, because I have personally hand-selected these groups to be a part of the compilation. They are all hard-working bands who are only writing music for the pure joy of expression, and I want to help promote their bands to people who may not have heard about them yet. Simply put, I have chosen only to work with bands that I think are talented and have something to offer this expansive world of music.

Currently, I am looking for parties interested in helping us get the word out on the street that this is a compilation to keep an eye on. Is there anything that your site would be willing to do to help promote the release? I would be more than happy to share samples of the album with you if you are interested in reviewing it before the official release.

I love music and I would love more than anything to make this release successful for all my friends on the record. Please consider promoting the Absolute USA Punk Rock compilation; we here at Valleyarm would be eternally grateful.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions through email: artistrelations@valleyarm.com

Cordially Yours,

Matt Diewald

Angryemonerd said...

Mathcore? wtf really?