Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Circa Survive - Juturna (2005)



This was probably the hardest time I've had picking a song off an album,
had to go with "The Glorious Nosebleed" in the end

This album was an eye-opener for me in a lot of ways. For one, it was probably the first album that I listened to and thought "wow, I've never heard anything like that before." Unlike all the other bands on my iPod at the time that all sounded more or less the same, these guys had their own unique, and quite refreshing, sound. They raised the bar on what I considered to be 'good' music. I wouldn't exactly say this album is a 'must listen' by any means, but if you enjoy Progressive Rock, Math Rock, Indie, or Emo, and you enjoy complex and intricate songwriting that will keep you gripped start to finish, you should definetly click the button bellow.

No comments: